Monday, March 12, 2012

Beautiful Feet

"These boots are NOT made for walking" is the new song title I'm singing today. The nurse told me the fracture on my foot was confirmed. I'm to use the "boot" and get X-rays again in four weeks. Sounds simple, but she had no idea what she was asking. I tried to put some weight on the foot with the boot and it HURTS. So I'm back to hopping with the walker for awhile, I guess. The foot is still swollen and bruised and it's been over a week. What's a body to do? What if my foot never heals correctly?

This reminds me of the consequences of sin. Just like falling on my foot, we often stumble into sin, injure ourselves, and require lots of healing time. God doesn't always provide an instant healing, and we can't count on being relieved of the consequences of our bad choices overnight. All we can do is be patient and wait for the Lord to work things out. It's hard for us humans to do that sometimes.

Think of the angels. They've been waiting for thousands of years for our earth to be made whole again. They must trust that God will make it all right in the end. I guess I'll have to do the same with my foot. God has a plan for me. And I'm sure it requires me to have two working feet. As ugly as one of them is right now, I remember the verse that says "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings..." Somewhere there is beauty in this ugly, swollen foot.

No comments: