Saturday, March 10, 2012

Group Hug

Today we had two phone calls from our sister-in-law, who recently lost her husband, Dean's brother, in a tragic semi accident. She was just checking to confirm our addresses (Dean's sister too) to be able to send us some items from Dale--the obituary, the DVD of his memorial service, etc.

At the end of both calls, I could tell she was getting choked up and emotional. I'm sure talking to her husband's siblings must be very difficult at this time. I'd like to reach out and help her more, but I know there are others closer by who are able to comfort her as well. It's just hard to give a hug over phone lines. I could reassure her of our love and willingness to talk any time, but sometimes you need that physical embrace to convey the deepest sympathies.

I'm sure this is why God sent His Son to this dying world. He couldn't reach out to us with the hug He was longing to give, so He allowed Jesus to come down here and give it for Him. What love, what comfort, what hope He wanted to convey to His suffering children. Jesus came to hug us all.

No comments: