Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Best Insurance

Twice this week I have found myself cancelling doctor appointments, instead of scheduling them. I appreciate the secretaries giving me advance warnings, but it still doesn't make sense that Medicare won't pay for a cast on a fractured foot, or for an eye exam when you've been screened negatively for either a cataract or glaucoma.

I'm sorry, but I don't have hundreds of dollars left at the end of the month to pay for these medical costs on my own. I make just a little over the amount to qualify for Medicaid, but not enough to pay for my own medical needs. So for now, I will just pray that my foot heals within the next month, and that this is just a slow-growing cataract in one eye and not glaucoma.

As one of thousands who are "falling through the cracks" financially, I still have a backup insurance plan I can depend on. God and I are business partners in a sense. Returning tithe to God is the best insurance plan on the market. No deductibles and no co-pays. Besides, it builds faith and faith is definitely a valuable commodity when you find yourself falling. I know my God will catch me. He's been doing it for years.

No comments: