Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Musings

Not sure what our Halloween holds for us tonight. I think I've convinced Dean that we are too poor to afford candy to pass out at the door this year. But I had to promise him that I'd buy him some candy when the sales go up after Halloween. That seemed to satisfy him enough. It appears getting candy himself has priority over giving it away this year.

See my last two Halloween posts to see what our church is doing again tonight--it really is a great alternative event (2012) and what my feelings are for the holiday itself (2011). You can find them on the labels at the bottom of this blog (under "Halloween") or just click on this link:

http://teresa-teresatalk.blogspot.com/search/label/Halloween

2 comments:

Joy said...

Teresa, I read all your posts about 'celebrating' Halloween, I agree. I find it sad to see little children dressed up as the devil, zombies, or have fake blood staining their costumes. I think if they realized that Satan really does exist, they wouldn't find it fun or exciting to glorify his work.

Teresa said...

So true, Joy. Our church's event is all about Bible characters. They tell the Bible stories (in costume, of course) in various rooms in the church, probably the only time some of those kids will hear them.