Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Casting My Vote

The school my granddaughters attend has gotten out early this year; so this week we have set up a schedule of relatives to "watch" them during the day, when both mom and dad are working. Happily, I am on that schedule, and will look forward to my days of retirement living having more purpose. It is probably the most important job I could ask for.

But today, as election day, I had another important job to do. I told the girls (now almost 8 and 10 years old) they would have to accompany me to a voting site (our neighborhood library), so I could cast my vote. It was a privilege, being able to vote for the candidates of my choice. Of course, in a democracy like ours, I must surrender my choice to the majority. I don't always get the candidates I want.

I have likewise chosen to surrender my life choices to God, and in doing so, I am sometimes shown a different path than I would have voted for myself. But, in the end, I wouldn't want it any other way. God is really the only leader worthy of our support. So, cast your vote for Him every day! You won't be sorry.


No comments: