Saturday, August 31, 2019

A Day to Remember

As deficient as my husband's memory was after his traumatic brain injury, he never failed to remember the date of his injury. And neither will my daughter and I. It was September 1, 1999, when a tractor ran over him, causing life-threatening injuries which he barely survived. He couldn't remember any details of that day, but we all knew it represented a pivotal change for all of us.

Tomorrow marks the twentieth anniversary of that event, and although he's been gone from our family for a year and a half now, the memories of that day can't be erased. God took a disastrous calamity and shaped it to fit our needs. Although we couldn't know it at the time, it would be the cause for enormous spiritual growth that couldn't have occurred any other way.

September 1st will always hold a special place in our hearts. For...

"I will remember the works of the Lord
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old." Psalm 77:11


No comments: