Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Heaven Is Looking Sweeter

Here it is the fifth of February, and I have blown past another emotional day of importance in my journey of grief. February 2 was the second year since Dean's passing. It's hard to sit down and make myself write about it, when in truth, I was doing all I could to stay busy and let it slide unnoticed just three days ago now.

Except for a twinge of remembrance when I posted about it ever so briefly on Facebook, I have been successful in staying positive and upbeat, despite the sad overtones the day brought, in uninvited, but manageable, thoughts of the event two years ago.

The positive messages from friends on social media though were enough to get me through what could have been a gloomy time. Instead of dwelling on such a low point in my life, I was reminded of the love that remains from so many people around me, some close and some far away.

All I can say is, heaven is looking sweeter every day. Come, Lord Jesus, come.



No comments: