Thursday, October 4, 2012

No Blocks Left Behind

The Scrabble game has been left out on my kitchen table for about a week now. And numerous times the board has been filled with words, with any passersby able to offer words and fit them in the crossword puzzle it creates.

It's been easy to spot Dean's words. Most of them don't make sense, or don't fit in correctly to make words from all directions. I've noticed that the more nonsensical words on the board, the harder it is to use all the blocks and finish the game. Isn't this how life is though? The more dysfunctional our life becomes, the harder it is to get to the finish line?

I find it helpful to use the dictionary or ask someone, when I'm playing Scrabble, when I'm not sure about the spelling or meaning of a word. But some people are not comfortable seeking help. It is an admission of failure, of not knowing something.

Let's don't ever be hesitant to ask our Bible and our heavenly Father though. They can give us answers and help us get to the end of the "game", with no "blocks" left behind.

I think you can guess which side of the board Dean filled!

No comments: