Thursday, October 11, 2012

Old Computers

Not sure if my blogposts have been missed the last couple of days. But I've sure missed doing them. The problem is my laptop gave out on me and I'm waiting for someone to check the cooling system (i.e. the fan) to see if it needs replaced or what. Not wanting to use it for fear of overheating.

I'm resorting to plogging away with a clunky, old desktop to write this post. I can definitely type faster than this thing can think. But it's better than nothing, so I'll make the attempt. I'm sure it will get the job done, but with less speed and agility.

To be honest, that's pretty similar to how I work these days. With less speed and agility. Anyone who's experienced shortness of breath can understand my plight. Walking across the room and I sound like I've just come in from a mile-long jog around the neighborhood. And please don't let my body get too close to the floor (besides my feet), because I am not very graceful getting to a prone position from that depth.

I have just talked myself into a new appreciation of this old computer. Even my husband, with his dementia issues, can still get some jobs done. I need to tell him so more often. If nothing, he keeps ME going, because of the activity his caregiving requires. I need the exercise to stay strong.

Maybe I'll use this old computer more often. Praying all the while that God will also use me...til I'm all used up.

No comments: