Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sleeping the Day Away

I want so much to report on Dean's health condition and say that the puzzle has been solved, but I'm afraid that might be a bit premature. He's still sleeping an enormous portion of his days away, but is awake several hours during the night. There is just nothing I can do to make him stay awake during the day or to make him go back to bed at night.

We went to the doctor's Thursday, and after urine and blood tests, we still don't have a clue as to what's going on with Dean and why he's showing such magnified symptoms. The symptoms aren't new, but they certainly are increased in just the last couple of weeks. We're adjusting the dosage of a couple of medicines that might help.

I stayed home from church because I don't feel comfortable leaving him for even a little while any more. He is so disoriented and confused when he is awake. Especially when he first gets up.

Another picture puzzle is being worked out on my dining room table. But the biggest puzzle of all is once again napping his day away in his recliner. Our daughter and the two granddaughters came over, but even they could not keep him awake more than a few minutes.

I'm sure God must be puzzled over a lot of His beloved children too. He tries for years to wake them up from their spiritual lethargy. We Christians sleep our way into spiritual lukewarmness. I pray God will not only wake me up, but that I can stay awake as long as time allows me on this earth and that I can serve Him to the fullest right up to my dying breath.

One of the few times he's been awake!



2 comments:

Inge Andeson said...

Teresa, have you had your husband's Vitamin B12 level checked? My father rejuvenated by 10 or 20 years when he was diagnosed with a condition that makes the body unable to utilize Vitamin B12 and god B12 injections. (Sub-lingual B12 actually works as well as the injections.) He no longer slept the day away.

Just a thought ..

Teresa said...

Thanks for the tip, Inge. I suspected the same thing because my mom had that pernicious anemia and had to have B-12 shots. His B-12 seems to be alright though. It made a big difference for my mom though too when she started getting shots!