Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pancake Pride

We just got through with a sleepover for our two young granddaughters last night. They look forward to pancakes in the morning, usually prepared for them by "Gwampa".

The oldest granddaughter requested that I make the pancakes this time though. She said her last one by Grandpa had "black spots" on it--referring to one of his burnt ones, of course. He understood and allowed me to make them this time.

I ended up cooking a black-sided one too, but made sure it ended up on Grandpa's plate. Then I accidentally invented a "cat pancake" when the batter spread into the shape of cat ears when I turned it over. Naturally, I had to try to duplicate my accidental invention with the next one!

Isn't this how it is in life too? All of us can make mistakes--Grandpas AND Grandmas. And sometimes our best results are arrived at totally by accident. Remembering this can certainly check any pride in our own achievements. It helps me give God the praise and glory for everything that happens in my life.


No comments: