Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Getting Knowledge

There was good news at my eye appointment today. The eye surgeon said everything looks fine in my eyes now. The laser surgery improved my angle and he doesn't see any risk of glaucoma. What a relief it was to hear that!

I was under the impression I had glaucoma when they did the surgery a couple of weeks ago, but evidently I was just at great risk for it with that narrow angle for drainage, because of my farsightedness.

It's amazing how your knowledge increases every time you see a doctor like this. In spite of my effort to research glaucoma on my own, only the doctor could give me specific information about my eyes. Even though he attempted to explain the procedures, I still had to ask questions to make my education complete.

And that's how we get our knowledge of spiritual things too. We have to go to the right persons, at the right places, at the right times, and ask the right questions. Deuteronomy 4:29 says "But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul." And it's a life-long pursuit.

No comments: