Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Having Fun

There's a price to pay when you're having fun. For me, having fun with my granddaughters often means I pay the price of catching their colds. But that, of course, is a price I'm willing to pay, as I'm doing once again this week.

Whether it's good fun or bad fun, you have to think of the consequences. And that includes the final, eternal consequences. For instance, there's sweet satisfaction and joy in serving Christ, even when it leads to persecution, a not-so-pleasant consequence. But the final reward, an eternity in heaven, far outweighs the earthly price we pay for it.

On the other hand, the fun that we find so attractive in the world often leads to pain and suffering on this earth, but also in the loss of eternal life with our Father.

What kind of fun are you having this week?


No comments: