Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Strength


I just got back from babysitting tonight for my granddaughters. It was such fun to be with them for all their evening home routines before bedtime. We read stories and sang songs. There was also the satisfaction that I was giving some time off for their mommy and daddy. They hadn't had that in awhile, so I was glad I could help.

There was one point that I wasn't sure I could measure up. Little Julia fell asleep in my lap and I wasn't sure I could get up and carry her to bed. But I tried and the old body cooperated. There was "lift off".

Another time I remember doubting my ability was when I had to carry Jenna, she's the older one, clear from my car into my house. And we all know kids weigh more when they're asleep.

Thank God for bodies that still function well when we really need them. The older you get the more you find yourself saying, "My strength comes from the Lord." And so do these beautiful children we call "grands".

No comments: