Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hobbies in Heaven



Tonight I gave my husband free rein in the kitchen to make some milk/egg gravy for our mashed potatoes for supper. That was one culinary skill I was hoping would come back to life for him...and it did. We had some delicious gravy to go with our mashed potatoes and succotash.

Then I got close to the garden this evening. It was just dry enough for some tilling before the watering. I couldn't resist the urge to grab the garden "fork" and start turning soil. Of course, with shortness of breath, it didn't last long. But it felt good to be a part of the garden gang for a short while.

Its so satisfying to do familiar tasks that we enjoy. The thought occurred to me that surely in heaven we will be permitted to pursue some of our interests and beloved hobbies that we have enjoyed here on earth. Even those we have "outgrown" in our old age.

All the more reason to maintain activities now that are in harmony with God's principles and ideals. Could Jesus sit next to you with your entertainment of choice?

No comments: