Friday, May 25, 2012

Food Party



My daughter and her two girls came over this evening around the supper hour. "G-pop" and I had already eaten, as we usually eat early around 3:30-4:30. Dean's appetite is just voracious these days with one of the medicines he's taking. Every hour or so, he's asking for something to eat. I try to feed him low-calorie foods, but his weight is still on the upswing.

Our toddler granddaughters have a very good reason to be hungry throughout the day too. They are growing, so their momma is constantly thinking about their next meal too. (I gave them some of our leftovers from supper, just to get them a little satisfied til they got home.) Kayla and I traded knowing glances when the girls were asking for something to eat. Yes, food is definitely on both our agendas pretty much all day, it seems. Life is just one big food party around here.

Speaking of hunger, how much do I hunger for God? Is He on my agenda all day? If we truly love God, we should never be satisfied with our intake. We should always be wanting more of Him, shouldn't we?

How else can we grow?

No comments: