Monday, June 18, 2012

Circling Her Way Back Home

Very uneventful day for me, but for my little dog it was quite a romp. At least this morning for about an hour it was. That's how long it took for a neighbor to return our little fugitive.

We usually put her on a leash, but this morning I let her loose to chase a couple of rabbits in our yard, and after a few quick laps around the garden, she chased them right under our backyard fence and beyond. I guess she thought she was just doing a thorough job of alleviating our rabbits, and had no idea she was breaking the "stay in the yard" rule, until she was discovered and deported back to her "home country".

Her reaction to the deportation was to run back and forth in the house a few times. Was she trying to show her happiness and thrill for being back home, or was she sharing with me what she was doing out there in the outside world? In any event, she settled right down to her usual laid-back, napping-all-day self fairly soon.

Sometimes I feel like I'm running so hard in circles that I just veer off and head out of my territory too. Thank goodness, God is there to pick me up and return me to my happy home. It's nice to share where I've been, but it's even nicer to settle down and become myself again.


No comments: