Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Clueless


Last night at a little after ten o'clock our son-in-law called and asked if we were alright. He was watching the local news on television and it showed the apartment complex at the end of our block with fire trucks and a "haz-mat" team onsite and the entire apartment evacuated outside.

I felt pretty clueless, because we hadn't heard sirens or any kind of alarm, and the action was taking place almost right across the street. How could we be unaware of something that significant almost on our doorstep?

It reminded me of the closeness of Jesus' Second Coming. Will I be totally clueless when that event takes place? Or will I be on my toes and watching for reports, ready to evacuate when needed? Only by reading my Bible and daily talking with God will I be able to hear the sirens on that day. Lord, don't let me be one of the clueless again.




3 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Teresa, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. We've been so busy with our move and all that has entailed.

Yesterday evening, I was sitting in the back yard with my husband and studying the clouds, and I said, "I see Jesus!" And I thought of the same thing, "how could we be so unaware of something so significant right on our doorstep?" "...just as in the days of Noah..."

I think of my 92 year old father who is an Atheist... he is on the doorstep of death (but actually, aren't we all? We don't know when that day will arrive). Yes, be prepared!

Teresa said...

True, we're all just a 911 call from that call from heaven.

The thief on the cross comes to mind for your dad. The Holy Spirit works on atheists too! I'm sure you're always praying for him. The Lord knows his heart. He might be closer to that decision than you think. Saw it with my own dad.

Pastor Fuller said...

Spot on, Sis. Teresa!