Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Copycat

Julia (age 2), my second granddaughter, went to Vacation Bible School tonight, along with her sister Jenna. After scoping out the program the last two nights with Jenna, I determined that Julia would have no problem fitting in with the young girls in Jenna's "tribe" (class). And sure enough, she was young enough that the older girls loved taking her by the hand and showing her "the ropes" of Vacation Bible School.

As their tribe sat on the floor and listened to a story and talked about the lesson, it tickled me that whenever anyone raised their hand to answer the teacher, Julia would raise BOTH her arms too. This puzzled me a bit, but maybe she just wasn't sure which hand to raise, so she did both. She's become quite a copycat around her big sister, and she was using all her copycat skills to fit in tonight.

Thinking back on her attempts to imitate her classmates makes me want to be more attuned to following the example of Jesus in my own life. Am I so anxious to copy Him that I will use BOTH my arms or legs, or whatever part of me He needs, to follow where He leads? I hope so.

Julia with King Nebuchadnezzar

No comments: