Monday, July 2, 2012

Finding the Lost

I couldn't believe my good fortune when we made our regular visit to the library on Sunday afternoon. Without expecting a favorable response, I asked if anyone had found my flash drive that I lost in the computer lab there a few nights before. The librarian went straight to the lost and found shelf and came back with my precious "memory" stick! I reported in my blog earlier that it was about the size of a lipstick, so here's a picture of it. I'm just so happy to have it back.


Now, my next responsibility is not to lose it again. Let's see now. I must put it somewhere that I can remember where it is. I know. It'll be safe on my dresser...right next to the lipstick!

I'm so thankful to God for helping me find something twice. I feel even more attached to something lost, because of its miraculous return. God must feel the same way about us. We belonged to Him because He created us. But how much more precious we are when we return to Him after being lost to the world. I intend to stay right where God wants me too, so I won't be lost to Him any more. 

2 comments:

Joy said...

Wonderful analogy Teresa. The next thing to be careful about is not trying to insert your lipstick in the computer... ;)

Teresa said...

I'm about ready for that stage sadly, Joy! I'll try to keep them straight.