Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Don't Be Stupid!


Some of you who know my husband might be interested in a story he tells about one Fourth of July in his youth, when he was drinking heavily and spending too much time in the bars. One Fourth of July when he was inebriated, he says he was lighting firecrackers with his cigarette and throwing them under people's chairs. Unfortunately, one of the times, he accidentally threw his cigarette under the chair and put the firecracker in his mouth!

I always laugh when he tells this story, but he said the people in the bar were not laughing when they saw how much he was hurt. It was not funny to be in that much pain. And when you're drunk and still feel pain, it surely was bad.

There must be a moral to this story, besides not mixing alcohol and firecrackers. But I can't really think of one. My daughter has a little saying she uses with her family when she tells them good-bye. She ends her good-bye with, "Don't be stupid." I hope none of my family or friends are being stupid tonight. It really won't be funny if you are hurt.

1 comment:

Joy said...

OUCH! I agree with both points! I think it's foolish to be lighting off firecrackers around our area--way too dry. Have a safe 4th, Teresa!