Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mind Control

I was on top of the world this morning driving home from a productive garage sale hunt. Something for my granddaughters that I was intent on finding for them. I had prayed to be led to the item and found it, so I was really excited and thinking about telling my daughter about it when I got home.

I turned down a side street to come home and realized I was about to fall down from my emotional high mountain when I saw a police car following me with lights flashing. Oh, no. How fast WAS I going? As you'd expect, the officer had a number in mind. There was no question, I was going to get a ticket. All of a sudden, that garage sale find didn't seem like such a savings any more.

Just a few seconds of not keeping my mind where it should have been turned out to be very costly. But life is like that. Take your mind off God long enough or at the wrong time and you're bound to pay the consequences. I'm just sayin'...

No comments: