Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vacation Bible School

I loved taking my granddaughter to Vacation Bible School tonight. She's just turning four this month, and it brought back so many memories of my daughter attending VBS in years past. She attended very young, because I always volunteered to help or teach a class. But her first Vacation Bible School that she attended by herself was in a very small town we lived in, called Roberts, Idaho.

It was hosted by a little non-denominational church there and I'll never forget how one of the adults came to me when I picked her up and said that she was the first one out of her seat to come to the front when they made a call for who wanted to be saved. It was a treasured memory I have kept all these years. My daughter's first public testimony of her faith. She had been through a lot in her short five years. And she didn't hesitate to answer God's call to be saved. I'd like to think that my training had laid some groundwork for the event.

We underestimate the power of God's working on very young souls. Parents should never miss an opportunity to bring their children to Jesus, both at home during family worships and at church. You never know when the message will hit home and cause them to connect with their Lord and Savior. The kind of connection that will sustain them for their whole lifetime.

No comments: