Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bits and Pieces

A big accomplishment for me today was working on my PowerPoint presentation for a Christian women's retreat this fall. I have been meaning to go to the college library computer lab for weeks now, but the logistics just never seemed to work out. But today, the "stars were lined up just right" and I was able to make a big dent in creating a PowerPoint about caregiving.

Of course, I have been doing research, making notes, and making an outline on my laptop here at home, but just didn't have the PowerPoint capability on my home computer. I tried working on it at the public library a couple of times, but it was too nerve wracking there with a time limit over my head and other people working feverishly on every side. (You'll remember the time I left my memory stick there and thought it was lost for good, until I discovered someone had turned it in to the librarian on my next visit.) On the other hand, the college library was almost empty today between semesters, so I was able to make some good progress on my project.

I guess one lesson I have culled from this endeavor is that our work has to broken into little pieces for it to be manageable and for the end result to be worthwhile. Similarly, our character development happens in bits and pieces throughout our lifetime. When we're very little, we research all the adults around us and learn what we can by our observations. Then as we get a little older, our early school years, we start making notes. As teenagers, we begin to organize all our notes and create an outline of who we want to be as adults. Then in the adult years, we create our "PowerPoint" character presentation for the King of the Universe.

Hmm, I wonder what mine will look like.

No comments: