Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Going Places on my Stationary Bike

I simply have got to start exercising in the morning on my recumbent stationary bike. Repeatedly when I wait til later in the day, I'm too tired to get it done. My oxygen is partly to blame for that, I'm sure, but it may apply to other people as well, especially if you are more of a morning type person, like I am.

There just seems to be so much to get done in the mornings and all through the day that I don't have time to do something just for me, like exercising.

This flies in the face of the caregiver presentation I'll be giving in October for a women's retreat. My message there is for caregivers to take care of themselves and take time for themselves. Guess I'd better start practicing what I preach.

Sometimes taking time means stealing it from something else. But I have to keep telling myself that I am as important as all those something elses. As a matter of fact, I may be the most important thing on my to-do list, because I'm the one doing all the things on the list.

In the same vein, God asks us to put Him first in our lives. Not because He's an egotistical dictator, but because without God first, none of us would be thriving, let alone even be alive. He did give us life, remember?

So, in the morning, right after I worship my Creator God, I'm going to hop on that bike and pedal my way to better health, and who knows, I might even get more done by the end of the day.

No comments: