Friday, August 24, 2012

Fitting Us In

I had a sneaking suspicion that our doctor appointment was going to be a surprise to the doctor this afternoon. A couple of weeks ago, a secretary, whose voice I didn't recognize, called and said she needed to change our appointment from last weekend to today. But I didn't remember getting the customary reminder call about it yesterday.

We were there on time, but there was a blank look on the receptionist's face when I said we had a 5:30 appointment. She checked with someone, I assumed the doctor, and came back out to say he'd see us soon. I was glad, because the doctor's office was clear across town, and my gas guzzler swallows almost a quarter with every mile I drive. I was very appreciative of them fitting us in, as I'm sure that's what they did.

Aren't you glad that God never has too busy a schedule to see us? And we don't even need an appointment. Sometimes the "secretaries" and "receptionists" (that would be us) get things a bit jumbled and out of order, but God is gracious enough to even forgive them, and just go on being God. That's just how He is.

No comments: