Sunday, August 19, 2012

Quiet Rest

It has been so nice to be able to sit outdoors again since the temperatures have cooled down. I spent considerable time on the back deck today, reading and relaxing. Unfortunately, the air conditioner compressor, right next to the deck, goes on and off while I'm sitting there and the noise level of it is somewhat distracting. When it shuts off, the peace and quiet is noticeably contrasted. But I'm sure I would notice even more quiet if I were in a place where no traffic noises were heard. Wouldn't that be nice?

I wonder how many levels of quiet there are. At times I think I'm having peace and quiet time in my spiritual life, but then the Spirit really washes over me and suddenly I'm in a whole different level of contentment. It will take an eternity to experience all the levels of peace God has for us. But I think the ultimate will be when we are actually in the presence of our Father in our heavenly home.

I can't wait to sit on the back porch of my mansion. On a swing or in rockers with Jesus Himself. It can't get any quieter or sweeter than that.

No comments: