Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Instruction Manual

With nothing on the calendar for today, and Dean at his adult day program, I had the day to myself, which was very nice. There was a lot to occupy me in the housecleaning line. But after taking care of all the routine chores, I decided to try to put the washed cover back on a car seat that Kayla had purchased secondhand as an "extra" for my car.

After trying to follow the one simple diagram it gave on the back of the seat, I gave up my effort. With no instruction book, it was impossible to even know if I had all the straps and accessories I would need. Let alone if I was threading everything correctly. I came to the conclusion after struggling with it much longer than I wanted to, that there indeed must be something missing. The biggest thing being, of course, the instruction manual!

How often we go struggling through life, wondering if we have all we need to be totally functioning people, but totally ignoring the instruction manual that God gives us? His Holy Word. It makes our lives so much more manageable and complete. And to be fully equipped for the task of living, there's an on-call interpreter available. He's called the Holy Spirit. His services are free.

No comments: