Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Her Pizza Smile

Today the granddaughters were over to our house for awhile with their mom. They were both eating a small pizza for lunch at the dining room table when Jenna, who just turned four and doesn't want you to forget it, comes up to me and asks very grown up, "Grandma, is there any pizza on my face?" I said, "No, I don't see any," thinking to myself how grown up she really is becoming with this new-found interest in her appearance.

Thirty seconds later, she reappears from the table and asks me if there's any pizza there now. Trying to hide my chuckles, I informed her that indeed there was quite a bit of pizza around her mouth now. She just smiled and said, "Thank you."

I wonder what my maturity level looks like to my heavenly Father. I think I'm "all grown up" spiritually, but in actuality I've still got a lot of "pizza on my face". Like Jenna's grandma, I'm sure God will help wash me up at the proper time, and do it with a smile.

Jenna on her 4th birthday
Jenna and her famous, natural, "baby doll" hair!

No comments: