Saturday, August 11, 2012

Small Fixes

My computer was not performing for me the last couple of days, and I was experiencing some strong withdrawals from it. My son-in-law pinpointed the problem for me this evening though, and I was so relieved that it was such an easy fix.

About six years ago I remember the first night they set me up with oxygen equipment in my home. It felt like a death sentence to be tethered to a machine for the rest of my life. I truly thought I would be homebound forever and was really in a panic as to how I would occupy my hours on my own tiny turf.

Fortunately, the daytime oxygen usage became minimal, so I have had much more independence than I was anticipating. That, however, is being renegotiated with the increased dementia my husband has been experiencing the last couple of years. I've been spending much more time at home with him.

My most wonderful outlet has been my computer. I use it for so many things during the day. I thank God that even if I were totally bedridden, I would have access to the outside via my laptop.

I have so many worries, but having my laptop working again will make it all bearable. Thank you, God, for the small fixes. Even they can have earthshaking benefits.

No comments: