Friday, January 6, 2012

Don't Err with Your Air

I've been waking up with headaches and, of course, being an oxygen user at night, I suspected the machine might not be delivering, causing me to have a "carbon dioxide" headache the next morning. So, I took the machine in to have it checked out today and it came out an innocent victim of my suspicions.

So, with the machine passing muster, I guess that leaves me as the guilty party. The machine is delivering, I'm just not getting the goods.

I have noticed a pattern though. The longer I sleep, the more likely I'll wake up with a pounding head. If I go to bed later and get up earlier, I'm OK. I can call the doctor and perhaps have the settings changed on the machine, or I can shorten my sleeptime to accommodate my wimpy breathing. I think I'll call my doctor to see what he recommends.

Is there a spiritual analogy anywhere here? I think as we solve any of our problems in life, we can either change the environment or we can change ourselves. The latter is probably our best option, but can we really change ourselves? The Bible says we can change ourselves, but not BY ourselves. We'd better get a call in to our Great Physician God if we really want to see effective problem-solving changes happen in our lives.

No comments: