Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Toilet Touch

Today has been a blur of activity with my husband gone for the day. Almost all of it right here at home. But when I look around, it really doesn't show that I've been all that busy. I did dishes, some laundry, emptied trash, fed and watered the bird and dog, went to the store, bank, library, and gas station. Plus took my nephew to work and back, made several phone calls and meals, and completed studying my Sabbath School lesson for teaching this week.

But oh, there is one little emblem of my touch today. After getting our new toilet installed last weekend, I've been dying to have the guys gone so I could put my little "women's homey touch" on it. So now the tank sports a scarf, some shells, and a decorative picture frame. I can now enter the "powder room" and breathe an "aahhhh" when I see my creative handiwork.

Yes, our greatest accomplishments are the ones we can see, the ones that last, the ones that are beautiful. Even if it's a simple toilet touch. My goal is to make something beautiful every day. It won't be hard. God has given us the materials and they are all around us.

No comments: