Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Viruses, Worms, and Bombs--Oh, no!

My son-in-law used his computer expertise this evening to wipe out several viruses, worms, bombs, and other disgusting things from one of my computers. My anti-virus program had expired and it seems it had dumped all the viruses it detected and contained back into my system! I can't help but feel a bit distrustful of my software now. Even though we have the problem well under control with another anti-virus protection covering any future mishaps.

God offers us an anti-sin program that will detect sin when it shows up in our life. It's called The Ten Commandments. We have to download it into our minds and when temptation comes around, it will alert us to the danger.

Unlike my computer anti-virus, The Ten Commandments will never expire. We are protected by them throughout eternity, because they reflect the character of God. If we install this program and register it in our name, it is ours to keep, with a lifetime guarantee. Now that's something I can trust.

No comments: