Friday, January 13, 2012

Job Interview Prayer

My main event today was a job interview that my nephew had. He was understandably a bit nervous beforehand. And as most of us are apt to do either consciously or unconsciously, he prayed.

I don't know that the prayer determined the outcome. But I do know it gave him confidence, leading to a better interview perhaps. And it also set the stage for him to be able to accept the outcome, whether it had been the one hoped for or not. When you pray for God's will to be done, there is a peace in your heart that defies explanation. Some things are just better off belonging to God. The outcome of job interviews is definitely one of them.

Help me, Lord, to give all areas of my life to you in this manner. We THINK we know the best outcome for our lives. But, face it, only God truly KNOWS what's best for us and those we are associated with. God wants permission to handle all our life events this way. All He needs is our permission and our willingness to follow Him anywhere.

Sidenote: He got the job!!!

No comments: