Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sleep Comes Too Soon

After two days at home, I was thrilled to have an excuse to go somewhere tonight, especially since it was by myself. Even though the weather was frigidly cold, I felt it was worth it to get out of the house and away from my caregiving duties for an hour or so. The event was just a committee meeting at church, but still a welcome reprieve.

Now that I'm home to write this blog, however, my mind keeps falling asleep. Nothing noteworthy even comes to mind to write about. When the body's tired, the brain just can't help itself, I guess.

I think of the disciples who were with Jesus as He prayed in the Garden. They couldn't stay awake either. An overpowering urge to sleep caused them to disappoint their Master that night. Jesus is calling us to watch and wait with Him once again. We are reaching the final moments of earth's history, and we must be not be caught without prayer.

So, since I can barely finish typing this blog tonight, Lord, please don't let me fall asleep without praying one final time today. I try to have my final thought and my first thought in the morning be of Jesus. And somehow He finds Himself in the middle too. Jesus all day, for He is the Way.

No comments: