Thursday, January 26, 2012

Everything a Blessing

Yesterday I had what felt like a very unproductive day. Very ordinary, run-of-the-mill activities for this caregiver grandma. Then this morning on a board meeting phone conference, I was asked to proofread a 40-page grant for 2.7 million dollars for brain injury resources and advocacy that must be turned in no later than tomorrow night at midnight! Boy, did my "worthiness" quotient go up a few miles with that one.

So I agreed saying, "Oh, sure, I've got all afternoon to work on it." Then I discovered I would have to go with my daughter to a doctor's appointment to watch the two little granddaughters. I didn't dare check my blood pressure at that point, but I went with her, got home and furiously got the proofreading done too, with time for this blog.

God is so good to me. He never fails to give me just WHAT I need, just WHEN I need it. I can't praise Him enough. I believe if we turn our lives over to God, everything will turn out to be a blessing. Maybe not at the time it happens, and maybe not even in this lifetime. But someday we will recognize God's signature in all the happenings of our life, the good and the bad. It will all contribute to God's glory, and what's not good about that?

No comments: