Friday, March 16, 2012

A Breathtaking Experience

Having a fractured foot, in addition to a restrictive lung condition (like having an elephant on my chest most of the time), has been a breathtaking experience to say the least. But I have noticed that when I can bear a little weight on the walker boot, I am not so winded when I go places. When I am literally hopping without the boot, I'm huffing and puffing so bad you'd think my lungs were going to explode.

I was thinking about the difference in my breathing effort and wondered if that's how it is with Jesus. Even leaning on Him a little bit brings relief, but imagine how well we can walk through life if we allow Him to carry us entirely. No need to huff and puff and expend all that effort. Jesus has promised to carry our burdens, if we "take His yoke". That means plodding alongside our Lord, every step of the way. He pulls the cargo, we just have to stay in step. I can breathe easier and walk better just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Joy said...

this is right along the lines I have been thinking about recently. I really need to turn ALL things over to Christ instead of keeping some of them to myself, thinking I, in my own strength, can handle them.