Friday, March 9, 2012

Give Me the Boot

How could something that big and ugly bring healing to a foot? I wondered as they put a walker boot on today after taking X-rays again. It's supposed to stabilize and protect the foot evidently and I do need that. I'm still not supposed to do actual walking on it though for awhile, and should try to keep any weight off it until they hear back from the radiologist.

I feel like I'm caught in a time tunnel and zapped back six months ago. For three months I put an identical boot on my husband every day. And doctors were telling my husband the very same things in order for his foot to heal faster than it did. We were all so disappointed when he didn't comply with the doctor's instructions and used his foot as he pleased, instead of staying off it. After a few hours, I was dying to take the boot off. Then it dawned on me how it felt for Dean to want to take the boot off as often as he did.

Now I know why Jesus had to come down to this earth to taste the life that we humans have. It's only when you actually have the same experience that you can really know what someone else has gone through. Isaiah 53:11 says, "...by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many...". I've often wondered what knowledge this was, but now I understand. It was knowledge of us. He tasted it all, for His friends.

No comments: