Saturday, March 3, 2012

Unplugged

Yesterday the worst caregiver nightmare happened. Not only am I battling a cold and had just been to the doctor for it, but as I was leaving a grocery store, I tripped and fell. My foot was hurting so bad, I was sure it might be broken or at least severely sprained. After another trip to the doctor and X-rays, I was told to stay off the foot till Monday after the radiologist sees the X-rays.

You know you're a caregiver when your daughter's first reaction was "Who's gonna' take care of Dad?" I couldn't really blame her, it was my first thought too.

Then last night the worst oxygen user nightmare happened. My bi-pap machine quit working. I looked in the manual and it said to notify the service provider. After determining which one and paging two different people in the middle of the night, the solution ended up being simple. Just unplugging and plugging it back in the wall. Voila. Everything was reset on the right track.

Sometimes we just have to get unplugged and plugged back in to get on track. I can picture God saying to me yesterday, "OK, I'm going to unplug you for just a split second, and then plug you back in. And you'll be as good as new." I can bear a short unplugging, knowing that my Main Service Provider is also the source of all power. I just needed to get back on the trust track.

No comments: