Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pollyanna or Pity Party

What a lot of work it's been to go nowhere all day today. My muscles ache, not from lying in bed so much, but from hopping with a walker on the few short trips around the house that I've had to make. By the time I get there my lungs make me sound like I've just completed the Hawaii triathlon and come in last. I would get more sympathy from that with family members, except they are used to me sounding like that every day. One day on the stairs at church, I noticed my 3-year-old granddaughter marching right behind me, huffing and puffing all the way. Oh, well, it's part of my legacy.

Now here's a Pollyanna point though. If I had to hurt a foot, praise God it's my left one and shouldn't affect my driving. That would be a real hardship since I do all the driving. I think that will be my assignment tonight. To count my Pollyanna blessings. It's either that or have a pity party all by myself, and I like a crowd when I entertain.

Tomorrow's assignment: Think of a way to instruct Dean when he does things for me, without him taking offense. Today he threw his standard toddler-temper tantrum by announcing, "Quit treating me like a child." Well, there you have it.

No comments: