Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Caregiver Daughter

Yesterday my daughter got one of the scariest calls of her life. Meals on Wheels called and said her daddy wasn't at home. She couldn't reach us by phone, home or cell. So she loaded up her kids and hightailed it over to our house. We had just come home from the doctor's about my foot. I had no idea our appointment would keep us so long and had forgotten about Meals on Wheels, while I was getting a CT-scan on my foot. Needless to say, she was relieved to find us both alive and well.

This incident did my heart good. I often think I'm the only caregiver Dean has. But there are other family members who help with his care, and would step up to the plate, if needed.

And especially there is a God who is caregiver for both of us. I'm amazed at all the ways He provides. All it takes is a phone call/prayer and God will be right over to make sure we're alright. What a relief to us.

No comments: