Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hopping for Love

Today I have a huge desire to bear weight on my injured foot, against the advice of my doctor and radiologist. I really think I could do it without much pain. The foot's still swollen and bruised, but if there's even a tiny fracture, it wouldn't be wise to walk on it, according to the medical authorities. It would just lengthen the healing time. My husband's foot has taken months to heal from his fall last summer. He never would listen to the doctors and stay off his foot entirely.

I've tried thinking of the reasons why I don't just go ahead and walk on my foot. Is it just because of what someone has told me? Doctors don't know everything. They don't know my body and how hard it is to hop around with a walker with shortness of breath. Actually, the motivation I have for continuing to hop around is that, as a caregiver, I can't afford to be laid up too long. So, I'm basically doing it out of love, I guess.

And isn't that why we keep the commandments of God? We don't always understand the reason for obeying, so it has to be out of love.

Tomorrow I will continue hopping out of love.

No comments: