Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Walker

Today I drove for the first time since hurting my foot over a week ago. My nephew needed a ride to work this morning, and then later I took Dean with me to the medical supply place to see what was wrong with my bi-pap machine (mini-ventilator that helps me breathe at night). Both trips didn't require any walking on my part. I was able to use the boot enough to get out to the car and back. It still is rather painful to put much weight on it, so I continue to use the walker.

That walker has become my friend. It is parked near me everywhere I am in the house. I store things I might need in the pockets it has on the front. Things like the portable phone, a calender, Kleenexes, a hand towel, and the jug of water when it needs filled. Even my purse is draped on the side.

Jesus is just that kind of friend to me. Someone I want near me, to catch me when I fall, or just be there to lean on. Someone who will adapt to my needs and carry my burdens. Thank you, Jesus, for helping me on my Christian walk.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I love how you "see" things.

Teresa said...

Thanks for the uplifting comments, Joy. You made my day!