Wednesday, November 16, 2011

God Has a Plan

I knew it was going to be a busy day when my daughter called ten minutes before library storytime and asked if I could meet her there and help watch one of the granddaughters. Fortunately, it only involved putting my shoes and jacket on and going out the door, but I thought on my way there that only for my daughter and her little ones would I be making such an impromptu and rather inconvenient trip. I did have other things lined up for the morning before she called.

And then I thought, am I as willing to go on God's errands? Would I be just as anxious to drop all my plans and follow His? The answer lies only in how much love is motivating me to do it. It has to come from a pretty close relationship, just like with my daughter.

Lord, help me to hear your voice and, no matter what I am doing and where I am going in life, to just go where you want me to go and do what you want me to do. I may not be able to make sense of your plan, and it may cause hardship and sadness to me, but I trust you to lead the way.

No comments: