Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Studio Smiles

Today my daughter and I picked up some studio photos we had taken of our little Julia at a Wal-Mart store awhile back. I remember the day the pictures were taken. We spent over an hour and only managed to get two or three "half-smiles" out of this one-year-old. She was a tough cookie to crack! And I have always bragged about Julia's sweet little smile she has for anyone. A smile is just her natural facial expression. Evidently not when she's in front of a camera though...

I wonder how many times we are not ourselves "when the cameras are rolling." Either we are sweet and cuddly in our private lives and totally out of character in public. Or perhaps we keep our nice personality up front only when the public is there to witness it, but are very difficult to live with at home.

Lord, help me to show only one side of my character and let that side reflect the lovely Lord Jesus. This is the best way to be a witness to others, including all the others we come in contact with every day. I pray our little Julia will learn this also as she grows up...but maybe, just maybe, she'll at least have the smiles down the next time we are in a studio!

No comments: