Monday, November 21, 2011

Phone Peeves

They say Monday is a bad day to make business calls because phone lines are particularly busy that day. Unfortunately with all weekend to think about them, by Monday I usually have a list as long as my arm of calls that need to be made. I've tried spreading them out during the week. But no, since I detest it so much, I force myself to get it all done and over with on Monday (probably the cause of all the busy lines).

My phone peeves include trying to decipher foreign accents (don't they know only Midwestern Americans really know English?), menus so long and complicated you need an advanced college degree to understand them, and then there's the "hold" status which make me feel like I'm a plane hovering over an airport waiting to land. Not too bad, if you can stop thinking of running out of fuel, which in this case, is more like patience. People get ugly when they run out of patience, and no one wants to sacrifice their good looks on a petty business call.

I'm so glad for another phone line we have access to every day of the week. It's called prayer. There's no worry about understanding each other. The Holy Spirit is our heavenly translator. And menus aren't even necessary because we have instant access to the party needed. Besides that, we are never on "hold". And here's the real icing on the cake. Instead of an ugliness risk, we actually become more beautiful the longer we're on the line to divinity. Make your call today--God's company is open 24/7.

No comments: