Sunday, November 27, 2011

Still Thankful

I'm not sure about your family, but this is day four of eating Thanksgiving food around here. Not sure how many more plates of sweet potatoes and dressing I can handle, and there's even some leftover green bean casserole that I'm feeling responsible for, not to mention quite a large bowl of my "from real cranberries" sauce staring back at us when we open the fridge door.

All this food was so delicious the day we fixed it and sat down to eat it on good china and a lace tablecloth. When did it start to lose its appeal? Our blessings on the food are sounding pretty mundane lately, compared to the flowery ones we asked on Thanksgiving Day.

This food situation, crisis for some, reminded me of the manna that fell from heaven for God's people in the wilderness. I wonder how long it was before some of them were complaining about the monotony of their menu too. Let's not be forgetful of where our food comes from. If we remember the Source, straight from heaven above, maybe all our food can gain back its appeal. Hmmm... I think I'll go have some green bean casserole.

No comments: