Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sunshine Visiting

I did some visiting today. Not just your ordinary "catching-up-with-friends-how-are-you-today" kind of visiting. This was special for two reasons: my granddaughter was with me--and the people we visited were people who don't get alot of visitors or even get out of their home very often.

It's such a blessing to bring a little sunshine into someone else's life. My little sunshine's name is Jenna and she's three years old. I want her to know the joy of giving a little of herself like this. She's still rather shy in public settings, but I find that she will warm up to strangers one at a time.

Alot of us adults are the same way. You would never catch us in front of a crowd performing a song or delivering a sermon (although there's nothing wrong with that, if you can). But our light can still shine in very small, and sometimes dark, places. As a matter of fact, the dark is where the light of Jesus' love is needed most. My goal is to find some dark place every day, just so I can have the joy of lighting it up!

3 comments:

Shelly Jackson said...

Teresa -

I wanted to let you know that we are reading and enjoying your blog

-Shelly Jackson

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Teresa, for instilling such a great value in your granddaughter.

pjayspen said...

This takes me back to when Kaytee was little and she made "rainbow pictures" for the people in the nursing home that her Grandma volunteered in. She is now 18 and a Marine so this little memory journey of my rainbow girl is really sweet. Little ones really brighten up the faces of those who are shut-ins. You are doing good work Teresa!