Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Memories

As I set the table from the dishes in my Mom's hutch this afternoon, I pulled out a tablecloth that had many memories attached. My nephew and I both commented on its not-so-pretty color and I immediately headed to the hall closet for one of my lace ones. The truth was I just couldn't bear eating on Mom's favorite tablecloth again. We've missed her so much this past year she's been gone.

We all have memories in store that are brought to the surface during special times like holidays. As a matter of fact, one of the things we should be thankful for on Thanksgiving IS our memories--both the past ones and the ones we are creating each day we live.

There are many folk among us who have memory loss, especially short term memory. So be glad you can remember tomorrow what you did today, or even an hour ago. Be thankful for your memories AND your memory!

No comments: