Friday, December 16, 2011

Another Voice

This cold I caught the other day has stolen my voice! It has made communication with my hard-of-hearing husband nearly impossible, because no matter how many times I repeat myself, he still cannot hear me. So, we have come to the place where we aren't doing alot of talking with each other. Loud whispers, when necessary, are about all I can muster.

I missed writing this blog last night; just wasn't feeling up to it. But tonight I suddenly thought that even though I can't talk with my mouth, I do have a second voice. The written word can be just as useful to communicate as the spoken word. Is that what God was faced with when we caught the "sin cold" and could no longer hear each other? He now speaks to us through the Spoken Word.

I'm so glad God did not give up trying to reach us when we became inadequate to speak face-to-face with Him. We may miss the direct approach they enjoyed at first in the Garden of Eden, but no one is to blame but ourselves. Let's listen to God now--in whatever way He can reach us...through the Bible, observing nature, good friends, and our conscience. All tools that God has placed at our disposal, if we will just use them.

No comments: